Doctorate of Business Administration
Doctorate of Business AdministrationRegister from our site
Programme operated by Ascencia Business School
Take your career to the next level, and bring economic and social value to the international community.
The DBA program is a fully-fledged Doctoral Degree, with a focus on professional experience rather than pure academic research.
Designed to fit the candidate’s professional life, the Doctorate of Business Administration will provide the necessary tools to contribute to the production of applied science in the areas of management and business administration. This is achieved through a tailor-made coaching and supervision by our doctoral faculty :
- Olivier de Lagarde, PhD in Management Sciences at the Paris-Dauphine University
- Josse Roussel, HDR, PhD in Management Sciences at the Paris-Dauphine University
- Nicolas Tarnaud, PhD in Economics at the University of Bordeaux
- Pedro Gonzalo, PhD in Management Sciences at the Paris-Dauphine University
- Rabah Lahlou, PhD in Sciences at the University of Orléans and in Nuclear Research at the Paris School of Mines
- ACADEMIC LEVEL REQUIRED : Master’s degree and significant professional experience
- ENGLISH LEVEL REQUIRED : IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
Master’s degree / Detailed resume with publication if applicable / Thesis Project Note of at least 500 words in.doc format / At least two letters of recommendation demonstrating the candidate’s ability to conduct research work that can be used by other people
The Ascencia DBA is structured for full time professionals, as it features mostly distance work, mixed with 5 on site seminars and workshops in Paris and at our international partner institutions.
A DBA candidate is required to show his or her ability to conduct original investigations; test, apply and examine his or her own ideas as well as others, and understand the relationship between his or her theme and a wider field of knowledge.
The degree will be granted based entirely on a personal thesis of approx. 50,000 words in length (and of no less than 35,000 words). Quality of research, however, is the single most important factor for awarding the DBA degree, not length.
3 years, with possible fast track options
The diploma is delivered by Ascencia Business School, a school officially recognized by the French Government.
Upon request the DBA can be linked to a fully accredited degree recognized in over 100 countries: Manager of Operational Units – RNCP Code 19412 Titre 1.
- Thesis Management Seminar
- General Research Methodology Seminar (sanctioned by a detailed research proposal based on the topic selection jointly defined by the student and the faculty).
- Quantitative Research Methods seminar
- Qualitative Research Methods seminar (sanctioned by literature review writing + specific hypothesis design (no less than 10,000 words)
- Thesis supervision ( sanctioned by hypothesis testing (empirical data collection) + thesis writing (no less than 25,000 words)
- Defense preparation workshop (sanctioned by thesis defense in front of an accredited jury)
Program contents are indicative and subject to changes, as College de Paris constantly improves its curriculum according to evolutions in the business world.